General Terms and Conditions of "Matar Group GmbH
Scope of Application
1 These General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") apply to services provided by Matar Group GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "hotel") to the hotel guest, the organizer and other contractual partners (hereinafter referred to as "contractual partners"). The services consist in particular of accommodation against payment, the rental of rooms for e.g. seminars, conferences and other events, the sale of food and beverages, and all other related services provided by the hotel.
2) The contracting party undertakes to comply with these terms and conditions as well as all trade law or other regulations.
For all provisions not regulated in these General Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Industry 2006 as amended shall apply in addition.
Conclusion of contract, prices, general terms and conditions
1 All reservations, changes and cancellations must be made in writing.
2 All prices are indicated in Euro (€). Unless otherwise agreed in detail, the prices offered are inclusive of all taxes and duties, valid until revoked. We refer to the respective valid price list. Any price changes due to taxes and duties shall be borne by the contractual partner. New government levies shall be added to the contract prices.
3. the hotel is entitled to provide the actual accommodation service in an equivalent hotel establishment.
Cancellation conditions can be found in the booking agreement or confirmation sent by the hotel.
5. the liability for valuables brought by hotel guests, such as pictures, cash, etc., is limited to the amount of the hotel's liability insurance. Valuables do not include items of personal use that serve to satisfy various material and cultural needs, although they may be of high value (e.g.: cameras, video cameras, CD players, fur coats, etc.). These items are not to be replaced by the hotel.
6) Retained objects of the contractual partner will only be forwarded on request and at the risk and expense of the contractual partner if they exceed a value of EUR 10.00, at the latest 14 days after the hotel stay. Thereafter, the items will be handed over to the lost property office or disposed of, if there is a recognisable value.
7. regular use of the internet is free of charge in the hotel and in the event area. The inability to function or failure of the line does not constitute a reason for a reduction of the invoice and the hotel assumes no liability.
8. smoking is permitted in the hotel building exclusively in the designated areas of the hotel.
1. the rooms and areas of the hotel are made available in accordance with the booking agreements made Any defects are to be notified to the hotel by the contractual partner upon handover of the contractual object, otherwise the hotel waives its right to assert its claims. Small, technically caused deviations as well as deviations in colour shades (in decoration etc.) are not considered defects. Changes in or to the objects, technical installations, equipment and furniture may only be made with the written consent of the Hotel and at the expense of the contract partner.
2) The contract partner is obliged to inform the hotel of the intended installation of decorative materials or other items and to obtain the hotel's approval. The event rooms must not be damaged. The installation must be carried out by qualified personnel. Fire police and other applicable regulations must be observed. All costs associated with the construction and dismantling of the event room shall be borne by the contract partner.
3. the hotel reserves the right to make changes to the room, provided that these are reasonable for the contractual partner, taking into account the interests of the hotel.
4. the hotel assumes no liability for technical disruptions, in particular of the WLAN connection, interruptions or disruptions of the energy supply (electricity, water, etc.) as well as for operational disruptions of any kind.
5. official control bodies, representatives of authorities, as well as employees and representatives of the hotel must be granted access to the rooms and areas covered by the contract at all times.
6. if technical work by external companies is required for events, the costs incurred will be charged to the contractual partner. External companies may only carry out work or make changes to the Hotel with the Hotel's approval.
7. the equipment and execution of the event or the activity that serves to achieve the purpose of the contract must correspond to the level and reputation of the hotel. Neither by any construction or dismantling work nor the Contract Partner's event may disturb other events at the Hotel (volume, etc.).
8) All advertising measures of the contract partner must be approved in writing by the hotel. This applies in particular to posters, programmes, etc. Only the designation (name) approved by the Hotel may be used for the announcement of an event. The use of the hotel name or logo for media, printed matter, etc. is only permitted with the prior written consent of the Hotel. If the hotel has not been informed, the hotel is free to cancel the event.
9. machines and equipment brought in by the organizer and/or put into operation in the hotel must comply with the respective Austrian legal provisions and be safe to operate. A corresponding confirmation shall be presented to the Hotel upon request. The Hotel is entitled but not obliged to arrange for an inspection by experts at the Organiser's expense and / or, in case of doubt, to put the equipment out of operation or demand its immediate removal or, if necessary, to remove it itself at the expense of the Contract Partner; this shall also apply to other objects.
10. the contracting party is obliged to obtain at its own expense all necessary and prescribed permits and approvals and to submit them to the hotel at least 14 working days before the start of an event. The contract partner shall indemnify and hold the hotel harmless in respect of all damages, in particular fines/administrative penalties, resulting from non-compliance with trade law and all other regulations, in particular from the failure to pay taxes.
11) All deliveries delivered or sent to the hotel by the contract partner or by third parties must be announced to the hotel in advance. The Hotel reserves the right to determine the time of delivery and not to accept packages that are inadequately labeled or subject to customs duties. Storage until the event is free of charge. The hotel assumes no liability for the completeness, possible damage or theft of the delivery.
12) The contracting party or its authorised representative must ensure that it or an authorised representative is present during the period of use of the event rooms.
14. if hotel staff are required to be present at all times during the event, the hotel's hourly rate will be charged additionally per hotel staff member and hour or part thereof, depending on the time of day or night.
15 The contracting party shall bear the risk of the event it organises, including preparation, construction, handling and dismantling. The contractual partner shall be liable for all damages, including consequential damages and losses, caused by him, the persons employed by him, persons commissioned by him (subcontractors), his authorised representative, as well as by his visitors and guests. This applies in particular to damage to the building and inventory as a result of the event, to damage when bringing in objects, during assembly and dismantling work and to all consequences resulting from exceeding the agreed maximum number of visitors. If necessary, the Hotel shall require the Organiser to take out suitable insurance policies.
16. the hotel does not assume any liability for accidents during events.
17 The Hotel shall not be liable if the Contract Partner, its employees, agents, visitors or guests lose items during or in connection with events; this shall also apply to theft. Insurance (e.g.: theft, burglary and fire damage) shall be taken out by the Organiser himself. The contract partner may deposit valuable objects, luggage or money in the assigned rooms or in the safe by handing them over to the hotel, in which case the hotel's liability shall be limited to the amount of the hotel's liability insurance.
18. no liability is assumed for valuables brought in but not handed over to the hotel. The Organiser shall be responsible for adequate insurance of the valuables brought in.
The contract partner's General Terms and Conditions of Business shall not apply, even if the hotel does not expressly object to them. Counter-confirmations of the contract partner with reference to his General Terms and Conditions are hereby expressly contradicted.
20 Any claims of the contract partner against the hotel must be asserted in writing within six months of the end of the event, otherwise they shall lapse.
Withdrawal / termination
1. the hotel is entitled, notwithstanding its claim to remuneration, to terminate the contractual relationship at any time and without stating reasons if
a) the contractual partner fails to make a due payment despite being granted a grace period of 7 days,
b) insolvency proceedings have been opened against the assets of the contracting party,
c) the smooth business operations or the security of the hotel is endangered by the contractual partner,
d) necessary official permits are not presented or the authorities prohibit the event,
e) the fulfilment of the contract is impossible due to force majeure, such as strike or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible.
Place of performance and payment, legal venue, partial invalidity
1 Place of performance and payment is Vienna. Austrian law shall apply. Place of jurisdiction is Vienna, inner city.
Any transfer of rights arising from the contractual relationship between the contract partner and the hotel, whether against payment or free of charge, requires the express written consent of the hotel.
3. changes must be made in writing to be effective.
4. the provision "Events" shall only apply to contracts with persons who are not consumers within the meaning of § 1 KSchG. 5. should individual provisions of these GTC be invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The hotel and the contracting party shall immediately replace the invalid provisions by valid provisions that come as close as possible to the intended purpose and economic significance.